Last year, during the Wisconsin State Fair, I was uber strict Paleo, and I ate NOTHING during the Fair 😦
THIS YEAR, I’m declaring my one-day State Fair experience a giant cheat day! I want to try stuff, man!
This weekend is the first weekend of the Fair — and before time gets away from us, the boyfriend and I aren’t going to waste any time. We’re going Saturday!
We didn’t make it to Summerfest this year due to poor planning — so for State Fair — we’re doing it up!
In assembling said plan, I referred to the Wisconsin State Fair app. This app, available for iPhone and Android allows you to access a lot of Fair info!
A cool aspect of the app is that it allows you to go through a list of vendors and identify your favorites.
There is SO. MUCH. TO. EAT. at the Fair — it is almost overwhelming!
This app helped me to narrow down where I want to stop, and helped me to develop ideas regarding What’s Ta Eat at the Fair.
There are over 70 NEW items to try out at the Wisconsin State Fair this year. CLEARLY I cannot eat everything at the Fair.
Because there are just so many options, trying to “plan out” my Fair eating was nearly impossible.
In addition to the app, I employed the Wisconsin State Fair’s website. On it, they list the new food items available this year — many of which made it onto my preliminary State Fair EATS list.
Here is my very, very preliminary State Fair EATS List!!!!!!!!!!
- Bacon Brat On-A-Stick at Robert’s (NEW)
- Peanut Butter and Bacon Nuggets at Saz’s (NEW)
- Spicy pig candy at Machine Shed (NEW)
- Reuben brat at Slim McGinn’s West (NEW)
- Mela Fritta Gelato On-A-Stick (NEW)
- Chocolate dipped frozen banana at Sidewalk Sundaes
As I mentioned, on the app, it allows you to determine which vendors you’d like to select as your “Favorites.” I narrowed that list down and came up with this list of vendors that I’ll consider when choosing what to eat on Fair Day.
- Butcher Boys (Steak sandwiches)
- Catalano’s Fresh Fruit
- Herb’s Superb Milkhouse (25-cent glasses of milk — five flavors! Another recommendation from work)
- Howling Wolf Gourmet Foods – vegan, gluten-free, non-hydrogenated food products
- Krautland (I want a Reuben!)
- Leilani’s Fresh Fruit Market
- New Berlin Lion’s Club Corn Roast (CANNOT leave the fair without some corn!!!)
- Nuts To You! – Roasted nuts!!!
- Tropics at the Fair (I have heard from folks at work that this is the place to check out!)
- Wisconsin Wine Garden
At work this week, we featured Herb’s Superb Milk House, which is in a new location and has a new sponsorship this year! Honestly I’ve never had the State Fair milk, and was entirely unaware that it is just 25 cents! I will be making a visit here on Saturday!
Saturday is a MEGA MEGA cheat day! Then it’s back on the healthy eating wagon on Sunday!
Look forward to a picture HEAVY Wisconsin State Fair “What’s Ta Eat” post COMING UP ON THE BLOG!!!! So excited! 🙂